Thursday, June 30, 2011

Billy Graham on ET

"I firmly believe there are intelligent beings like us far away in space who worship God, but we have nothing to fear from them because, like us, they are God's creation."

"Nothing can hide the fact, however, that these unexplained events [extraterrestrial encounters] are occurring with greater frequency around the entire world and in unexpected places...."

"Our solar system is just one of billions in God's colossal Creation - and I find it very hard to believe He would have created only one living planet, Earth."

"I firmly believe there is intelligent life in outer space - beings who probably look very much like the average American."

"I feel they [advanced extraterrestrial civilizations] have developed space vehicles capable of reaching Earth."

"I don't believe that all reported UFO sightings can be dismissed as mere figments of the imagination. Without doubt, there have been legitimate sightings of flying objects which cannot be explained."


"I've discovered that many of America's top scientists and astronauts - who are actively investigating the question of extraterrestrial life - share my view. I firmly believe there are intelligent beings like us far away in space who worship God. But we would have nothing to fear from meeting these people. Like us, they are God's creation. And if we should eventually make contact with these civilizations, it would be one of the biggest breakthroughs in the history of mankind. It's mind-boggling to imagine how much we could learn from them. They're probably at least as advanced as us, and possibly more advanced - which means they may have found answers to many of the problems we face on Earth. Disease, war, environmental pollution may be nonexistent on these other living planets. But my biggest hope would be that they are loving, caring societies who are at peace with God and free from sin. I see no reason why other planets should be cursed with the riots, demonstrations, wars and rebellions which threaten the future of our civilization."

"From my studies of the Scriptures, I can find nothing that would change our faith in the Gospel if we discover life on other planets."

No comments:

Post a Comment